There are two ways to donate to the AHPB Foundation: click the button’s to donate online, or click the download form link to mail in a donation.
For donations paid by check, please Download donation form and mail to AHPBF 2508 W. 71st Street | Prairie Village, KS 66208
Research and education are the cornerstones to advancing the treatment of hepato-pancreato-biliary diseases. The AHPB Foundation is dedicated to funding research and education opportunities so our colleagues can directly impact HPB diseases.
Established in 2010, the Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Foundation (AHPBF) seeks to support the academic careers of young researchers in the study of diseases of the liver, bile duct and pancreas by fostering and advancing the educational, research and training activities of the Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association, and thereby enhancing the quality of hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery and patient care.
Research, education and training are dramatically increasing the quality of surgery and treatment. Most importantly, our patients see the direct results of our commitment to relieve the human suffering caused by HPB disorders throughout the world.
Foundation projects include:
- Underrepresented Minority Travel Grants to support URM trainees with one week of travel to visit a qualified HPB Surgery Program to train with an established AHPBA member
- Annual Meeting Travel Grants to provide Latin Americans with funds to offset travel costs to attend the AHPBA Annual Meeting
- Advanced Practice Provider Travel Grants to support APP colleagues with funds to offset travel costs to attend the AHPBA Annual Meeting
- Annual Research Grant, worth $30k, providing opportunities for a Junior faculty to spend one year of full time research under the mentorship of an AHPBA member. Learn more here!
- Patient Education
- Steve Sotsky Award to recognize the best original research in Pancreatic Cancer
- Travel Exchange Grants to support AHPBA members with one week of travel to train under the mentorship of an AHPBA member in another country
- Historical Lecturer Honorarium to bring leading-edge speakers to the Annual Meeting.
- Humanitarian projects providing access to HPB care for patients.
- AHPBA Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary and Transplant Surgery: Practical Management of Dilemmas Textbook – Purchase now!
- Clinical Trials support to advance the quality and outcomes in patient care.
Lectures Supported by AHPB Foundation
Leslie H. Blumgart Historical Lecture
Betty & Henry Pitt Quality Oration
To view the most recent Betty & Henry Pitt Quality Oration or the Leslie H. Blumgart Historical Lecture, check out our YouTube Channel here