We invite you to join the AHPBA, one of the most recognized organizations in its field. AHPBA represents both surgical and non-surgical specialists, throughout North, South and Central America who care for patients with diseases of the liver, pancreas, and biliary tree. All AHPBA members also receive dual membership in the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA).
Today, more than 1,250 active members create the energy of our society. HPB is a multidisciplinary field, and our membership reflects such. We foster an atmosphere of alliance among clinicians and scientists to advance both learning and patient care.
Our organization promotes educational and professional development of its members and offers a yearly HPB meeting, research and traveling fellowship grants and several educational opportunities all throughout the American continents.
AHPBA/IHPBA is strong enough to represent your interests and provides an ideal setting for you to meet and share your expertise. We hope you become part of a vibrant association that promises to enhance your knowledge, professional growth and patient care practices.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership of a professional and global network
- Interaction with other HPB specialists and leaders
- Networking and career opportunities
- Annual electronic subscription to the official journal of the Society, HPB, as well as an option to elect to receive the printed version
- Discount on registration fees at the IHPBA World Congress and AHPBA Annual Meeting
- IHPBA and AHPBA electronic newsletters to keep you up to date
- Opportunity to interface with HPB leaders from around the world
- Access to the online membership directory
- Access to technical and training guidelines
- Certificate of Membership
AHPBA membership runs for a calendar year, January 1 – December 31. The membership is combined with the IHPBA (International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association).
- Combined Active Membership, AHPBA/IHPBA, US$310.00 per year:
This membership is offered to a qualified medical practitioner or scientist actively involved in any of the hepatic, pancreatic or biliary fields.
- Combined Junior Membership, AHPBA/IHPBA, US$75.00 per year:
This membership is offered to any resident or fellow enrolled in a program of medical education or research. Junior members must convert to active members after training.
- Advanced Practice Provider Membership, AHPBA/IHPBA, US$100.00 per year:
This membership is offered to any health care provider who is not a physician or scientist. This includes, but is not limited to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, clinical nurse practitioners, clinical trial managers, physician assistants, and technologists.