We invite you to join the AHPBA, one of the most recognized organizations in its field. AHPBA represents both surgical and non-surgical specialists, throughout North, South and Central America who care for patients with diseases of the liver, pancreas, and biliary tree. All AHPBA members also receive dual membership in the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA).
Today, more than 1,250 active members create the energy of our society. HPB is a multidisciplinary field, and our membership reflects such. We foster an atmosphere of alliance among clinicians and scientists to advance both learning and patient care.
Our organization promotes educational and professional development of its members and offers a yearly HPB meeting, research and traveling fellowship grants and several educational opportunities all throughout the American continents.
AHPBA/IHPBA is strong enough to represent your interests and provides an ideal setting for you to meet and share your expertise. We hope you become part of a vibrant association that promises to enhance your knowledge, professional growth and patient care practices.
Highlighted Member Benefits
- Dual membership with exclusive access to a global and professional HPB network
- Annual online subscription to HPB Journal
- Expert training guides covering over 50 technical key areas
- Educational curriculum and pre/post operative case based modules
- Opportunity to participate in global outreach trips and missions
- Award and grant eligibility
- Discounted meeting registration rates for Regional Meetings and World Congresses
- Leadership opportunities
- Entry to member only Facebook Discussion Group
- Certificate of Membership
AHPBA membership runs for a calendar year, January 1 – December 31. The membership is combined with the IHPBA (International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association).
- Active Membership, AHPBA/IHPBA, US $310.00 per year:
This membership is offered to a qualified medical practitioner or scientist actively involved in any of the hepatic, pancreatic or biliary fields.
- Junior Membership, AHPBA/IHPBA, US $75.00 per year:
This membership is offered to any resident or fellow enrolled in a program of medical education or research. Junior members must convert to active members after training.
- Advanced Practice Provider Membership, AHPBA/IHPBA, US $100.00 per year:
This membership is offered to any health care provider who is not a physician or scientist. This includes, but is not limited to registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, clinical nurse practitioners, clinical trial managers, physician assistants, and technologists.